Donnerstag, 25. Dezember 2014

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!



After a rather crappy 2013 (for me), everything went well in 2014.  Of course there were ups and downs, but overall it was a good one. In 2014 I had the luck to travel to some beautiful places (well - at least in Europe...). I was visiting Vienna, had one week in Carcassonne,  and spent 10 days in my most favorite town, in London. And not to forget the Comic-Convention in Erlangen, Germany.

This year, my mind was blown away with "The Guardians of the Galaxy", "Winter Soldier" "Interstellar" or "Days of Future Past".  A good time for sci-fi and comic fans.

We lost some great actors and artists in 2014 - for an example, HR Giger, Lauren Bacall, Robin Williams, Maximilian Schell and Bob Hoskins. May they rest in peace. Their art and their movies will never be forgotten.

In terms of comics, its an interesting time, but also a little bit disturbing. The "Big Two" are jumping from event to event, and as a longtime reader, I get tired of it, especially of Marvel`s way to do it. I reduced my list of Marvel titles to just a few comics (Guardians of the Galaxy and Deathlok) because these constant relaunches of series get on my nerves. It is difficult to follow a hero, when he has several no. 1's during the year. What are they thinking at Marvel? An now they dug out "Secret Wars" for 2015 - is that necessary? Are they running out of ideas?

DC is a little bit better in these things."Futures End" is promising, even though I had to buy many of these 3d-covers. The Godhead Story at the Green Lantern Books is also interesting, combining the New Gods and the Green Lanterns. Next year we will see the "Crisis"-anniversary, lets see what happens.  I look very forward to the Darkseid War!

Well - that it from my side. Good luck and seize the day!

 Happy holidays and all the best for 2015!

By the way: Today its Dr. Who Christmas Special-Day! Don't miss it!

Keine Kommentare: